This recipe features our award winning Blood Orange & Gin Marmalade and is a lovely way to use a sweet product in a savoury recipe.
- 1kg x butterflied leg lamb
- 3 x tbsp Blood Orange & Gin Marmalade
- 1 x tbsp soy sauce
- 2 x cloves crushed garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Place butterflied leg in a suitably sized heavy roasting dish (not too large) and drizzle the lamb with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Leave for ½ hr resting at room temperature. Very gently, warm the marmalade, soy sauce and crushed garlic together until it is a runny consistency. This will be your glaze.
- Pour the glaze over the lamb and cook for 30 minutes. (Cooking time can be tricky for these legs – some are uniform in shape and others have thicker and thinner bits.You will need to cook the leg until the thickest part is cooked). If you are using a larger leg, the cooking time will be longer. Using a meat thermometer can be helpful.
- Let the lamb rest after cooking, for 10 minutes and then slice, serve and drizzle with the remaining glaze.
Download this recipe click here >> Marmalade Glazed Butterflied Lamb