Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding
This simple pudding is the ultimate winter comfort food and always a family favourite! Delicious caramel fudgey cake
- 1/4 cup (50g) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g / 7 tbsp butter , melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 3/4 cup (150g) dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan).
- Grease a 6 cup baking dish (1.6L/1.6Q) with butter.
- Butterscotch Sauce: Whisk sugar and cornflour in bowl. Set aside.
- Pudding batter: Place sugar, flour,baking powder, butter, egg, milk and golden syrup. Whisk until mostly lump free.
- Scrape into baking dish and smooth surface.
- Sprinkle Butterscotch Sauce sugar mixture all over surface.
- Pour boiling water over the surface over the back of a dessert spoon held as close to the batter as you can (to soften the pour so it doesn’t break the surface of the batter).
- Transfer to oven, bake 35 – 40 minutes or until skewer inserted into the cake part comes out clean.
- Cut through pudding to reveal butterscotch sauce underneath.
- To serve, scoop pudding into a bowl then douse with butterscotch sauce. Serve with cream or ice cream
To Download Recipe Please Click Here >> Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding