Craving Asian flavours at home (or is that just me)?? Try our Thai Curry Noodle Soup!
There is no mention of what type of noodles to use in the recipe – just use your preferred or whatever you have in the cupboard.
We deep fry a handful of noodles for a crunchy topping when we serve it in the cafe.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large Desiree potatoes cut into 4cm chunks
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 170g yellow curry paste
- 800ml coconut cream mixed with 800ml water
- 1L vegetable stock
- 50ml fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- juice 1 lime
- 400g noodles
- baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, cooking until soft.
- Add the curry paste and stir until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut cream, stock, water and potatoes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until potato is tender and then add fish sauce, sugar and lime juice.
- Check seasoning for balance adding more lime juice, sugar or fish sauce if required. Cook noodles as per packet instructions.
- Finally add noodles and baby spinach to the soup and serve with a wedge of lime.