- 300g dried soup mix, lentils, pearl barley or dried chickpeas
- 1 x red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 x chorizo sausages, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 x litre chicken stock
- ¾ bunch spinach finely chopped
- Natural yoghurt to serve
Rinse the dried lentils/pulses until water runs clear and then place in a saucepan with 6 cups cold water. Gently bring to the boil for 15 minutes and check if they are cooked. Time taken will differ depending on which grain or pulse you are using. Drain and set aside.
Gently saute onion in tbsp olive oil in a heavy pan or saucepan until soft and sweet. Add chorizo and garlic and cook until beautiful juices and oils are released from the chorizo. Add tin of tomatoes and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and cook for another 5 minutes. Add cooked lentils and spinach, stir through to heat and gently cook the spinach. Serve piping hot with natural yoghurt and a lovely sourdough.
Download Recipe Click here>> Chorizo & Spinach Soup