Pot-Roasted Rhubarb and Raspberries with Vanilla Bean & Lemon
As a rhubarb fan I can tell you that there’s nothing quite like the tangy taste and radiant rose-red colour that these divine stalks bring to a dish.
Serve with gelato and a vanilla snap biscuit.for dessert, or you can layer with your granola for a gorgeous breakfast.
- 10 stalks rhubarb
- 300g sugar
- 1/2 lemon, zest removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1 vanilla bean sliced very finely
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup raspberries
- Trim the rhubarb, cut into thick slices on the diagonal and place in the base of a large ovenproof dish.
- Combine the sugar, lemon vest, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick and sprinkle over the rhubarb.
- Set aside for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the raspberries in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Allow to cool before serving.