Always so hard to resist – here is the recipe for our Gluten Free Chocolate and Pecan Brownies, for you to enjoy!
Gluten-free Chocolate and Hazelnut Brownies
- 100g hazelnuts
- 150g butter
- 150g good quality dark chocolate
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 80ml (1/3 cup) hot water
- 150g good-quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 270g (1 1/3 cups, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
- 2/3 cup GF flour
- 4 eggs
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base and sides of a square 23cm (base measurement) cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Spread the hazelnuts over a baking tray and bake in oven for 5 minutes or until toasted. Chop roughly and set aside to cool.
- Combine butter, dark chocolate, cocoa and water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir until butter and chocolate melts. Set aside to cool.
- Add the hazelnuts, white chocolate, sugar, almond meal and flour, and stir until well combined.
- Use an electric beater to beat the eggs in a bowl until thick and pale. Use a metal spoon to gently fold half the egg into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Repeat with the remaining egg. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Dust with icing sugar and cut into pieces to serve.