What do you do when your friends from Apple Thief drop in a bag of THE most delicious apples straight from the orchard?
✔️enjoy the straight from the bowl
✔️create a little recipe for Caramelised Apple Hand Pies
These little hand pies can be as big or as small as you like, any size and shape, eaten hot or cold!
- 3 apples sliced or chopped (we left the skin on)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Cinnamon stick
- Pinch cinnamon
- Puff Pastry (1-2 sheets).
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Slice or chop the apples and add to the saucepan with the sugars, cinnamon & lemon juice.
- Cook gently until the apple is soft and clear and the sugar has caramelised. Let cool for 10 mins.
- Cut puff pastry into square or round shapes, fill the middle with the apple mixture and then fold opposite edges over to make a parcel. Press the pastry edges tightly together.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg on the top side and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cook for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.