Old school biscuit filled with our White Peach & Raspberry Jam & Vanilla Cream
- 185 g unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour sifted
- 3/4 cup plain flour sifted
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup pure icing sugar sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup White Peach & Raspberry Jam
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, mix well.
- Add sifted flours and coconut. Mix well.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on greased oven trays.
- Press gently down with a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and milk. Beat well.
- Place a teaspoon of filling on half the biscuits. Top with a teaspoon of White Peach & Raspberry Jam.
- Place remaining halves on top and press gently.
These monte carlos keep well for around a week in an airtight container.
Download Recipe here >> Monte Carlo Biscuits