Cooking at home? Please enjoy our delicious Lemon Slice recipe that not only makes a sweet treat after a meal but a beautiful gift wrapped up in cellophane and tied with a ribbon (red & white stripe of course).
Ingredients – Lemon Slice
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Ingredients – Lemon Filling
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (250ml) lemon juice
- Preheat Oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Place the sugar, coconut, flour and butter in a bowl and stir until combined and mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of a lightly greased 20 x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Try to press the base right into the edges and corners of the tin so the lemon filling can’t escape down any gaps.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160ºC (325ºF).
- To make the lemon filling, place the eggs and extra egg yolks in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar, flour, lemon rind and lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Carefully pour the filling over the cooked base and bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Dust with icing sugar and slice to serve. Serves 8–10.
To Download Recipe Card please click here >> Lemon Slice