Home made Chocolate Ice Cream
- 300g x good quality milk chocolate
- 150g x good quality dark chocolate
- 2 x eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 2 cups thickened cream
- Melt all of the milk chocolate and 100g of the dark chocolate in a metal bowl over simmering water or a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until frothy.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form and fold into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Chop the remaining dark chocolate into small chunks and stir in well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a rectangle springform tin and freeze for at least 5 hours.
Serve either as scoops or slices with fresh berries or berry coulis and almond biscotti.
Download Recipe Here >> Home Made Chocolate Ice Cream