Chocolate, Almond & Espresso Cake
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g unsalted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 x 30ml shot espresso coffee or 1 tsp dry instant coffee
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Spray the base and sides of a 24cm spring-form cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate & butter in a bowl over simmer water. Add shot of espresso stir to combine and set aside to cool.
- In cake stand mixer, beat the eggs at high speed for 5 minutes, until they are pale and frothy. Trickle the caster sugar in slowly, still beating, until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Gently fold the chocolate through the egg mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the almond meal and cocoa, and fold through the wet ingredients.
- Gently pour the mixture into the cake tin and cook on the middle shelf of the oven for around 50 – 60 minutes. It should have formed a crust but still be dense and fudgy in the middle. Cool on a wire rack
Download Recipe Here >> Chocolate, Almond & Espresso Cake