Poach delicious summer peaches in a Sparkling Rose syrup and serve with crisp, airy amaretti meringue biscuits! If you are short on time, you can happily substitute homemade amaretti for store bought.
Sparkling Peaches Ingredients
- 10 – 12 peaches (free stone is best)
- 1 bottle Sparkling Rose
- 2 cups sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
Amaretti Biscuits Ingredients
- 1 2/3 cups blanched slivered almonds, lightly toasted and cooled
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto (or add another teaspoon of almond extract)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
Note: This dessert is for adults as it contains alcohol.
Sparkling Peaches Method
- Peel half the peaches and leave the other half unpeeled – I love the colour that some peach skin infuses into the syrup but if you dislike peach skin peel them all and then cut the peaches into quarters or eighths (as you prefer).
- Pour the sparkling rose into a saucepan with the sugar and lime juice and gently heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and place the peach quarters into the warm syrup. Leave for one hour to gently poach and then chill, ready for dessert.
Amaretti Biscuits Method
- To make the cookies: Heat the oven to 160 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix almond meal with the icing sugar.
- Whip the egg whites in a standing mixer until soft peaks begin to form. Add the extract and amaretto; with the mixer running gradually add the granulated sugar and beat until the egg whites are very stiff and fluffy.
- Pour the almond mixture over the egg whites and gently fold with a spatula until the dry ingredients are just incorporated. Scoop the batter into tablespoon-sized mounds 1-inch apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes for a lightly golden cookie with a soft and chewy interior. Rotate the pans from front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking so they bake evenly. Cool the cookies completely.
To serve: Spoon peach quarters into a serving glass and top with chilled syrup and a sprig of mint.
Serve with a homemade amaretti biscuit.
To Download Recipe Card please click here >> Sparkling Peaches with Homemade Amaretti Biscuits