Oven Roast Vegetable Salad with Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 -4 red capsicum
- 4 small beetroot or 2 eggplant
- a pinch or two of dried sweet basil
- olive oil
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin
- 6 -8 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 10 small picking onions, peeled and left whole
- 2 heads garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 15-20 snow peas
- 1-2 tablespoons caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- rock salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Halve the capsicum, remove and discard the seeds. Place in a baking tray, cut side down, and roast until the skins are blistered. Remove from the oven, cover with a tea-towel to steam a little so that skins can be easily peeled off. Cut into chunky pieces and set aside.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C. Place the whole beetroot on an oiled oven tray and roast for 1 hour or until tender. Peel when cooked.
- If using eggplant, slice and place on a lightly oiled oven tray. Sprinkle with salt and basil. Drizzle a little oil over the top and roast in the oven until browned and softened, about 40 minutes. (The smell when this comes from the oven is wonderful.)
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into small chunks and place in another baking dish with the tomatoes, onions and garlic. Drizzle a little oil over the top and roast for about 40minutes so that the vegetables are slightly browned and soft but not too collapsed.
- Meanwhile, quickly steam the snow peas so that they are cooked but still crisp.
- To serve, pile all the vegetables in a large serving bowl, drizzle with vinegar and oil, and grind some black pepper and rock salt over the top. Serve Warm.
Download Recipe Here >> Oven Roast Vegetable Salad with Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar