This is a very simple cake made in the food processor. The citrus flavours from the whole orange used and the delicious glaze are really lovely!
- 1 thin skinned orange
- 190g melted butter
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ – 2 cups icing sugar
- Juice of 1/2 – 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the bottom of 22cm round springform tin with baking paper and grease the sides with butter.
- Cut the orange, including the skin, into small segments. Discard any pips and place the segments into a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add butter, flour, sugar and eggs to the food processor and process again until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the cake is cooked.
- Allow to cool and remove from the tin to prepare for the icing.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the icing sugar to a clean bowl and then add the juice of ½ an orange. Keep adding small amounts of extra icing sugar and extra orange juice, as needed to create an icing thick enough to spread with a knife, or whatever consistency you prefer.
- Ice the cake and sprinkle with orange zest or leave plain.
To Download Recipe Card please click here >> Sweet Orange Cake with Orange Glaze