This is the sort of cake you can have in the oven in 5 minutes!
Ingredients – Cake
- 200g of softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3 eggs
Ingredients – Frosting
- 125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups icing mixture
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 170 C. Grease a deep 24cm round cake tin.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth, but do not over-process.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack.
- To make chocolate cream cheese frosting, use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the icing sugar, cocoa and milk until smooth.
- Spread on the cake and top with coconut flakes or berries or hundreds & thousands or nothing at all!
To download recipe card please click here >> School Holiday Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting