Filled with eggs, creamy feta and fresh asparagus, the real winner is our Red Onion Relish spread across the base of the pastry, adding a delicious sweet hit. This is a lovely dish to take on a picnic or shared lunch with a simple salad on the side.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 heaped tablespoons of Long Track Red Onion Relish
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup of thickened cream
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3/4 cup of crumbed danish feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place sheet of pastry in a 26cm round baking dish, pierce pastry with a fork and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until pastry has set and beginning to golden.
- Remove from the oven and spread the Red Onion Relish evenly over the base of the pastry.
- Sprinkle crumbed danish feta over the red onion relish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and tasty cheese.
- Pour egg mix over the red onion relish and feta.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus and cut in half lengthways.
- Arrange the asparagus over the top of the tart and season with cracked pepper & salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the filling is set and golden.
To Download Recipe Card please click here >> Asparagus, Feta and Red Onion Relish Tart