This simple cake is the perfect end to a summer dinner outdoors. You can swap peaches or plums for the nectarines.
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup plus 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon zest
- 1 ¼ cup self raising flour
- 5 medium nectarines, halved and cut into sliced
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 24cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then the lemon juice and zest. Beat in the flour until smooth and spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Arrange nectarine slices on top of the batter – some like concentric circles but I prefer a more scattered approach. Press the nectarine into the batter gently, mix the 3 tbsp of sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean (approx 50 mins). Serve warm or at room temp with cream and/or ice cream and extra nectarines.
To Download Recipe Card please click here >> Spiced Nectarine Cake